Getting in Shape

Tuesday Accountability

Good morning ladies.

I had a good workout day yesterday. I spent a good chunk of time out in the yard doing yard work, raking and the like. I went to the gym in the evening. I ran a mile and a half, walked for a little bit, rode for 4 miles, and did BodyPump.

Food was good. I ended up under by about 400 calories.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
_______________________________________________________ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tuesday Accountability

• Morning!

Finally done with bad food for a few days, phew!  Scale is up a little bit, but I'm hoping I can get it off by the end of the week.  Food should be on track today and workout is the p90x back and biceps.

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Anniversary
  • Morning everyone!

To say that the weekend was an experience would be somewhat accurate. We took the 'new' snowmobile (an older touring machine that we bought as a spare sled and something less powerful for DD to learn to drive). On the way up to the cabin it overheated. Not a huge deal - we were pushing it hard. On the way back however, it blew a hole in the piston. That meant a tow out of the woods. FI drove the 'good' sled with DD on back. They towed me on the busted sled while I steered it, and the komatik that was holding the dogs and supplies was attached to my sled. It was a very odd caravan, but we made it to the end of the woods road, FI rode home to get the truck and came back to pick up the broken sled.

Food was horrible all weekend, but the scale stayed the same, so that's something. My back is still a little off, but in the spirit of mixing things up, I did a ballerobica workout last night for the first time - totally different for me! It reminded me a lot of some of the pilates workouts I've done; I wasn't dripping in sweat, but felt my muscles working during the sequences.

Spring seems to be making an appearance here - the snow is disappearing quickly, so we're into the slushy, mucky, dirty season. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to live in a place with a pretty spring ... I'm hoping that things dry out a bit so I can start walking to work after break.

Have a good one, ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning everyone. 

Yesterday was good....had a good cardio workout at the gym and was about 300 below calories by bedtime.  Also brought DS to the kids' club at the gym for the first time on a week night, and it went well.  He stayed up past his bedtime, but I think he did get a good workout in too. :)  (he is four and was sweating like crazy when I picked him up).

Funny gym story, too.  I locked my keys in my locker.... I went and asked the big muscular stud muffins at the front desk if they could help me...the one guy said, "in the women's locker room?  We can't go in there!  Here."  And he hands me the huge lock cutter tool that weighs about 10 pounds.  So I gave it a shot....there was no way my little 5'3" butt was cutting that lock.  I finally convinced him I would clear the locker room so he could cut the lock, and he brought his big 6'5" muscular self to do it.  DS said, "that was SO COOL!" 

Super embarassing, and I still did my workout <-----victory.

Today should be good.  :)  Supposed to be a rest day, but I'm thinking about adding a DVD workout on my "rest days"  to start working out 5 or so days a week.

Have a great day ladies!!!
  • Work yesterday was a major suck.  I am training our new hire, so everything is taking twice as long to complete and I was slammed with problems all day yesterday.  Actually I was pretty much on top of things when I left for a meeting at 1.  When I came back at 2:30 my email had basically exploded.  Then instead of getting to sit down and work through everything, we had a fire drill and spent the next half hour standing around outside.  I ended up staying a half hour late. 

When I got home I was all cranky and snacky, so I munched on some hummus and pita.  Too many extra calories that I definitely did not need.  I am determined to make today better.  Tonight's plan: 3 mile run + lifting + ab ripper x
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2013
    @lovelyheather - I totally get the snacking from work stress thing.  I have had those days!  Hope today is better.
    ETA: @jennylee - spring is making an appearance, that's awesome!  Here in Texas, for whatever reason it is more wintery these past few days than it has been most of the winter!  Can't complain, though, it is still very mild compared to a lot of the country.  Snow mobiling would be fun, though....
  • Guys, I feel like the unviverse it out to sabatoge my workouts. Every week I've missed my goal because I couldn't get a bike in spin or something has gotten in my way. This week I'm going out of town, so needed to get everything in by Wednesday and I was determined to make it happen. I found two classes that would be good substitutes for my Thursday classes, and rescheduled a meeting at work so I could go. Got to the gym, spent 20 minutes waiting, asked at the office, oops they made a mistake, that class is now happening at my now-rescheduled meeting time. I was able to get in an ab workout before going back to work but since I'd already been there almost an hour, I needed to go back. Ugh. I did go back in the evening for spin. I felt sluggish, probably because of the brownie and ice cream weekend diet. Yesterday's food was good though, and today's will be too. I hope April comes soon.
  • In Response to Re: Tuesday Accountability:
    [QUOTE]@lovelyheather - I totally get the snacking from work stress thing.  I have had those days!  Hope today is better. ETA: @jennylee - spring is making an appearance, that's awesome!  Here in Texas, for whatever reason it is more wintery these past few days than it has been most of the winter!  Can't complain, though, it is still very mild compared to a lot of the country.  Snow mobiling would be fun, though....
    Posted by nextrightthing[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is! I have plants in the ground already (tomatoes and cucumbers). I'm having to worry about them getting frost! It isn't terrible for me, but I would like it to stay above freezing for the sake of my veggies!
    _______________________________________________________ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning!

Yesterday I made it to body combat, felt like I got a really good workout out of it. I was once again over on calories though, which happened once I actually plugged in the entire recipe for my grandma's saffron bread into MFP...holy calories batman! I didn't think one slice of bread could be THAT bad for you.

Knowledge is power though, and now that I know how bad the food is for me, I can better eat it in moderation.

Thankfully my weight is back down to where it was before the weekend...I was worried I'd really gained something back.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Lia, I also haven't gotten a spin bike in a long time. Over a month now, which has made it impossible for me to make my goals every week. I feel for ya lady.

Yesterday was good. Back on track. Under calories. Ran 4.5 miles and did an arms and back lift. This morning was a struggle. Not sure why, but it was. I ran 2 miles in hills and called it. I did manage to get myself on the spin list for tonight though for the first time in over a month. So hopefully I'm feel up for that. My legs are kind of sore and I'm feeling all yucky, cranky, bloaty from shark week. I really just want to put on sweat pants, put my fireplace on, curl up on my couch and finish my book. But alas, I am at work. Boo. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_tuesday-accountability-118?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bee07b75-940d-40bd-9b1d-1487ea2ec4bfPost:5c126308-f043-4d37-96cd-cc1d2631bf11">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]@lovelyheather - I totally get the snacking from work stress thing.  I have had those days!  Hope today is better. ETA: @jennylee - spring is making an appearance, that's awesome!  Here in Texas, for whatever reason it is more wintery these past few days than it has been most of the winter!  Can't complain, though, it is still very mild compared to a lot of the country. <strong> Snow mobiling would be fun, though....</strong>
    Posted by nextrightthing[/QUOTE]

It really is, but I'm figuring that by the end of our break next week, I'll be done for the season. I didn't get to ride as much as I would have liked to, but hey, the season will begin again in November, time to turn my thoughts to other activities. I was planning to get the sports store to order a cruising bike for me this spring, but that won't be happening now (that's the store that burned down two weeks ago). I'll have to scope out the hardware store and the outfitters place for one instead...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good Morning Ladies!

Yesterday wasn't so bad.  I am still sore from our race this weekend so instead of my normal two mile on the elliptical I only did 1 mile on the treadmill.  I did work out legs and abs yesterday.  Food was ok.  I think it is time I hit the supermarket again. 

FI is being my motivation daily for the gym.  I didn't want to go yesterday but of course he pushed until we went.  Today he made sure I took my gym bag to work so he could meet me at the gym. 

The scale is up which is frustrating but I think I know why.  I'll be back on track by this weekend.

Happy Tuesday Ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning everyone. Yesterday was great workout-wise. I added Hatha yoga in with my Vinyasa yoga since my head was in a bit of a funky place and it worked well. That means I also did 90 minutes of yoga and burned quite a few calories :-) Food was not good though. I blew it on dinner when FI brought me crab and artichoke dip home....oops. I did not think that it had that many calories in it! Tonight for dinner is a salad though, so that should be good. After work I'm planning on running on the treadmill (we still have snow on the ground. Stupid freak spring snow storm). @jennylee - snow mobiling sounds awesome! The closest I've gotten to it is riding my aunt's 4 wheeler on their property in the snow.
  • well, I'm posting early because I'm home sick :( Yesterday I went to work and was miserable, coughing and sneezing all day. I came  home and had soup but skipped my zumba class. Today I am resting and trying to recuperate. Hopefully I can get a workout in :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning ladies!

Yesterday was ugh for me. I decided to have a rest day, and that`s exactly what it turned out to be. Fi and I did manage to go for a walk to the mall though, and we walked back with groceries so that counts for something right?

But on the way to the mall we stopped in at A&W for a little buddy burger with cheese (their cheapest burgers which are super addicting). And we had sundaes at the food court in the mall. Which I regretted the moment we got home because my stomach decided to rebel against me. On the brightside, I picked out and bought shoes for my wedding! At size 11, it's hard to find dainty and cute shoes, but I lucked out for sure yesterday. I'll probably try and break them in now so come June 22, my feet won't be dying.

Hopefully today will be better. I'm probably going to the gym later today. Might switch up my workout. I tend to go for the elliptical everytime, but might try the bike or rowing for cardio today, work some new muscles.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been losing .2 to .5 lbs a week roughly since I stopped working out over a month ago (and was getting 1.5 - 2.5 lbs then). I was sick which is why I stopped...but I am better, so why haven't I started again?  I also ate poorly last week and didn't track and lost 1 lb....which I don't understand....

But I'll just start with TODAY. So for my first accountability post...I am going to commit to at least 20 minutes of activity today. In the past, that's the goal I gave myself and I normally wanted to keep going after I hit 20 minutes.

I am also going to track everything like I did on my first week at WWs.
  • Good morning!

Did a back / chest / biceps workout this morning, and it went well. I wasn't dripping sweat, but I could feel the muscles burning. Finished it up with some planks and decline bench sit-ups. Food has been good so far this week - made the skinnytaste turkey meatballs for dinner last night, so I'll be having leftovers today for lunch. Also, my NikeID's finally came in the mail yesterday! Can't wait for it to warm up a little later this week so I can go for a run! The tounges say "Mrs. White"...since that's who I'll be soon! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What's up GIS ladies!!

I have been running around like a maniac for work, and barely been at a desk! Ugh i made it to my office today and I wanted to check in before I run out.   I had a great weekend (not so much foodwise and workout wise) it was b-party!  So much fun! Yesterday I got back on track hit the gym 1 hr of weights and did insanity cardio and abs!   my calves are screaming a little today.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    happily ever starts in...

108 in the mailimage | 48 ready to party!image | 4 celebrating from afarimage | 60 to go!image

• Took myself to the gym yesterday for the first time in far too long! I hate slogging away on the treadmill - can't wait till it warms up and I can get outside! Burned 350 between the treadmill and the recumbant bike. Food was good - had about a 500 calorie deficit there. Mondays are always the easiest, when you're all motivated and ready to start fresh!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_tuesday-accountability-118?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:bee07b75-940d-40bd-9b1d-1487ea2ec4bfPost:e586f918-8b45-4add-8822-2342d2bdda2a">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning everyone! To say that the weekend was an experience would be somewhat accurate. We took the 'new' snowmobile (an older touring machine that we bought as a spare sled and something less powerful for DD to learn to drive). On the way up to the cabin it overheated. Not a huge deal - we were pushing it hard. On the way back however, it blew a hole in the piston. That meant a tow out of the woods. FI drove the 'good' sled with DD on back. They towed me on the busted sled while I steered it, and the komatik that was holding the dogs and supplies was attached to my sled. It was a very odd caravan, but we made it to the end of the woods road, FI rode home to get the truck and came back to pick up the broken sled. Food was horrible all weekend, but the scale stayed the same, so that's something. My back is still a little off, but in the spirit of mixing things up, I did a ballerobica workout last night for the first time - totally different for me! It reminded me a lot of some of the pilates workouts I've done; I wasn't dripping in sweat, but felt my muscles working during the sequences. Spring seems to be making an appearance here - the snow is disappearing quickly, so we're into the slushy, mucky, dirty season. Sometimes I wonder what it's like to live in a place with a pretty spring ... I'm hoping that things dry out a bit so I can start walking to work after break. Have a good one, ladies!
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

I've had a few of those experiences!!  What kind of sled is it?  FI has a nice arctic cat mountain can and I have an old 90 somethin Polaris that was thrown in on the deal.  It's been working great all winter, but the last few times we've gone riding it's been actin up.  About a month ago we were on our way down to anchorage with another friend our ours  and we stopped at Cantwell a "town" that has some amazing riding and deep powder and we got on the trail that had a steep hill down onto a river (it was frozen) but as soon as  we went down that steep hill mine died... we spent so long working on it there with no luck so finally we decided to tow it back. Somehow with the other two snomachines we managed to get it back up the steep hill and back to the truck and then they got it started, of course... so we decided ot go again and it worked fine the whole time... but it does that all the time.. we think it's the injector, which wouldn't be worth it to replace. 

I really want a new sled! 
  • Really getting on track today.
    Worked out before work (short, but I got there!)

Kale juice in the morning, egg white on english muffin for breakfast, healthy sandwich for lunch.

carrots for a snack, thinking salmon and brussel sprouts for dinner. trying to cut down on the evening carbs....

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_tuesday-accountability-118?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bee07b75-940d-40bd-9b1d-1487ea2ec4bfPost:92622d25-3385-4f73-8200-158789bd76f3">Re: Tuesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Accountability : I've had a few of those experiences!!  <strong>What kind of sled is it? </strong> FI has a nice arctic cat mountain can and I have an old 90 somethin Polaris that was thrown in on the deal.  It's been working great all winter, but the last few times we've gone riding it's been actin up.  About a month ago we were on our way down to anchorage with another friend our ours  and we stopped at Cantwell a "town" that has some amazing riding and deep powder and we got on the trail that had a steep hill down onto a river (it was frozen) but as soon as  we went down that steep hill mine died... we spent so long working on it there with no luck so finally we decided to tow it back. Somehow with the other two snomachines we managed to get it back up the steep hill and back to the truck and then they got it started, of course... so we decided ot go again and it worked fine the whole time... but it does that all the time.. we think it's the injector, which wouldn't be worth it to replace.  I really want a new sled! <div>
    </div><div>We have a 2012 Cat XF800 (FI's new sled), I drive an '09 Nytro, and we just got a 90-something Ski Doo Touring for DD. We've had a tough year on maintenance, and it's been a weird winter weather-wise, so we haven't been doing as much sledding as we'd like.</div><div>
    </div><div>How much snow do you have now? What's the season been like for you?
    Posted by kelty24[/QUOTE]

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker