April 2014 Weddings

Bridemaids and Jr. Bridemaid Dresses.............

I need some advice....We are getting married in April of 2014, our wedding colors are red and black, it is a small outdoor ceremony with 1 maitron of honor, 1 bridesmaid, and 1 junior bridesmaid (will be 10 when we get married). I want the maitron of honor and bridesmaid to wear black dress but I have been told the jr. bridesmaid should not wear black. She is too old to be a flower girl. Any recommendations on what color the Jr. Bridesmaid shoud wear?? I love red roses and black dresses even though the wedding is in April. I have thought about changing the colors for the wedding and dresses but just dont want to. So I ask again....any recommendations on what color the JR. BRIDESMAID SHOULD WEAR??

Re: Bridemaids and Jr. Bridemaid Dresses.............

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_bridemaids-and-jr-bridemaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:17852a27-0da8-42d4-b6a4-4dc561a3f0afPost:0a905311-0958-4734-9664-0fe9020dbd06">Bridemaids and Jr. Bridemaid Dresses.............</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need some advice....We are getting married in April of 2014, our wedding colors are red and black, it is a small outdoor ceremony with 1 maitron of honor, 1 bridesmaid, and 1 junior bridesmaid (will be 10 when we get married). I want the maitron of honor and bridesmaid to wear black dress but I have been told the jr. bridesmaid should not wear black. She is too old to be a flower girl. Any recommendations on what color the Jr. Bridesmaid shoud wear?? I love red roses and black dresses even though the wedding is in April. I have thought about changing the colors for the wedding and dresses but just dont want to. So I ask again....any recommendations on what color the JR. BRIDESMAID SHOULD WEAR??
    Posted by crapsebaby[/QUOTE]

I've never heard that the junior bridesmaid shouldn't wear black?  I wouldn't side eye a black dress as long as the 10 year old wasn't showing off a ton of cleavage or leg or something.  And I assume you'd pick an age appropriate dress, so that shouldn't be an issue. 
    We got Luck! :)
  • I have never heard that either? As long as it doesn't show a bunch of skin like a lot of black dresses do, I don't see the problem.
  • I think that your Jr. bridesmaid should wear a black dress like the other BMs. If possible the same black dress would be good but I agree with PPs that it should be age appropriate.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest