Moms and Maids

Ideas for my Mom's Bachlorette Party?

My Mom is getting remarried and has asked me to be her MOH. I have to throw not only her bridal shower but her bachelorette party as well. And trying to come up with ideas for her bachelorette party has got me stumped. I don't want to have anything phallic or too crazy. I was thinking maybe we could do some kind of a toned down bar crawl then get a hotel room and stay the night there? It can't be anything too expensive cause all girls that would be coming are on a budget. HELP I need ideas!!! Lol!

Re: Ideas for my Mom's Bachlorette Party?

• RetreadBrideRetreadBride member
    edited March 2013
    You don't "have" to throw the parties.  Anyone who wants to do this can.  It's no one's job, certainly not yours, if you can't afford it.

What does she like to do? Plan an activity based around that.  Anything goes - group movie night, evening at a dinner theater or comedy club....

Showers don't have to be expensive.  Get a cake, mix sherbet and ginger ale for "slush" punch, brew a pot of coffee - there you go.  Instant shower.  You can make sandwiches or add on food from there as your budget allows if you wish.

P.S. Does she want a shower and bachelorette? I ask because I'm an older bride too (49) and didn't want a bach for the FIRST wedding.